Team Fortress With Friends’ servers are based on the values of having a good time and respecting one another. To retain these values we have rules that we strongly enforce:
[box_warning]By pressing OKAY on our MOTD as you enter the server, you are agreeing to the following rules:[/box_warning]
Rules For All TFF Servers:
- No hacking of any sort is allowed. This will result in a permanent banning from [highlight2]ALL TFF servers.[/highlight2]
- Micspamming is prohibited and will result in a week or more in banning. No exceptions.
- Please do not advertise other servers, nor their IP addresses. It’s not very nice to try and take our server’s gamers.
- Respect the other players on the server. Although crude humor is just part of the internet, creating grief on other individuals is not okay. Homophobic, sexist, or racial comments with malicious intent will result in long-term to permanent bannings. Ban durations depend on the level of offense.
- Respect and listen to the admins. If you are asked to stop an action or to do something that is related to maintaining the server’s rules, please listen and act accordingly. The admins were hand-picked for being honest individuals and will not ask anything out of line.
- Please do not flood the mic-chat with things you wish to trade. It’s fine to chat about trading, but please allow others to talk when they have something relevant to the actual game being played. Also, please avoid the temptation to “scam” others out of their items. If you wish to trade, please be fair, as having a bad trade on our server will make someone very unhappy.
Additional VSH Server Rules:
- Map exploitation (Such as getting outside of the map, in a location where it is physically impossible for a boss to enter, etc) can result in being slayed by admins to allow the game to progress fairly. If you continue to do these exploits, you may be kicked or banned for a period of time depending on your resistance in complying with admin orders.
- “Friendlies” (Turtle Heavies, Spy Crabs, Civilians, etc) are allowed but not encouraged. If you perish as a “friendly” please do not complain, as your teammates are the ones who really suffer (As your presence as a useless teammate gives the boss over 1,000 additional health). If you fail to play the game properly, an admin may request that you start doing so in order for everyone to have a chance at winning fairly.
- Idlers will be kicked from the server. This is not an idle server, nor an achievement server. If you wish to idle please go to your Offline Practice Tab, and idle using that instead.
- Refusing to kill your friends while you are a boss may result in you and your friends being kicked. Please play the game properly.
- If the capture point is enabled, please do not capture it unless the game truly cannot progress through killing the other players (Such as fleeing scouts that only run away, someone is outside of the map and refuses to die, or anything else of this manner). Capturing the point for no reason as a non-boss character will result in a warning an can get you kicked from the server. Boss characters should refrain from capping the point and actually attempt to win the match.